I haven't written anything in a while. Undoubtedly like so many of you, the pandemic intensified and flash-boiled an already difficult field. It has been a time to review and rethink what I want out of life--and how to get it. I've taken up software engineering as a 'day job' in order to provide the capital necessary to continue working on projects.
I remain committed to:
1) creating opportunities for truly innovative performances in classical music that enchants and inspires wonder
2) nourishing musical progress through commissioning projects by young composers from underrepresented backgrounds
3) providing a platform for musicians, composers, and audiences to interact through meaningful performances.
To achieve this, I will do the following over the next year:
1) reboot Project: Sound into a worthy voice for underrepresented audiences and musicians that is financially viable and independent
2) start an incubator for music performance organizations that provides musicians with tools to create sustainable organizations, demystifying the business side--much like tech incubators
3) continue to push myself musically while I work in a non-musical field.
To hold myself accountable, I will publish updates here. As always, if you want to collaborate, shoot me an email or get in touch through the site.